Special Private Tour of Medina6 August 2020
Camel ride in the Palm trees – Unique17 August 2020
Tour of souks in Marrakech Medina
Tour of the souks of Marrakech Medina is the best way to discover how is the real life in the city, during 5 hours you become one of the city inhabitants.
To discover and understand the inhabitants of any place in the world you have to go to its authentic markets or what we call in our country the souks, you must forget the huge hypermarkets and modern commercial complexes, for this reason you must hire Tour of the souks of Marrakech Medina.
Markets with aroma, crowd, shouting and thousands of items for sale inside narrow alleys and with a very pleasant temperature that makes you forget the heat from the outside.
Markets in Marrakech can be divided into 2 main ones.
1- Food markets and related.
For this first category we dedicate a lot of attention in the different tours we have in Marrakech, on the free tour and the low-cost private tours.
2- Craft markets.
The city of Marrakech has more than 40,000 registered artisans, of all specialties; these artisans are the best representatives of the richness of Marrakchi’s craftsmanship. The souks of handicrafts in the Medina of Marrakech are one of the most famous in Morocco; for its diversity and the prevailing atmosphere in them. We can say that it is unique in the world by its organization and size.
In our guided tour to the souks of Marrakech Medina we dive into the narrow alleys, which intersect, extend intertwined to form an impressive maze.
For the newcomer it seems that he will never find his way out on his own knowing after discover kilometers and kilometers of labyrinthine alleys.
It should be noted that the souks are organized by district and by profession, each souk has its own name, according to the specialty.
What souks we will visit during the tour of Marrakech Medina souks :
- The Chouari souk: is the main souk of basketry and carpentry, mainly with products made of fragrant cedar wood.
- Souk Haddadine: is the souk of blacksmithing (Hadid in Arabic means iron).
- Souk Seffarine: brass souk (Sefar in Moroccan dialect means brass).
- Souk el Kbir: Where you will be amazed with carpets and a huge varity of traditional jewellery.
- Cherratin: it specializes in all kinds of leather goods, including traditional Moroccan babouches (traditional slippers),handbags, belts, handbags, wallets and anything else made with leather.
- Sebbagine: specialized in coloring yarns of wool, silk or any type of yarns to manufacture tissues for traditional feminine dresses in particular.
- Smata: is the main area to find babouches, also known as the souk of slippers.
- Attarine: is the area of spices, thousands of aromas concentrated in one place.
- Semmarine: an ocean of colors in thousands of beautiful crafts, for sure you will love it.
Why you must hire the tour of souks in Marrakech Medina?
The guided tour of the souks of Marrakech Medina is undoubtedly one of the most recommended options to feel the true atmosphere of the Medina of Marrakech.
When you participate this tour, you will feel like one of the thousands of the local population.
Surely you will love many things that you will see exposed, a tip is to haggle at the time of buying. It is a way of life that there is in the Arab and Berber countries; sometimes it is considered disrespect not to do it since the initial price is based on haggling, even if it seems to you sometimes that the price is very low, since at the local level the prices are quite different from the Western world.
Our local guide will give you some tips on how to get the best price, but apart from the price it is a way to have a good time and have memories to tell when you return to your country.
If you have questions related to our tours in general or Tour of souks in Marrakech Medina in particular, contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.
Also we recommend to register in our forum; to get quick answers from our team or other travellers, also to form groups to enjoy better the trip.
Check out our other tours in Morocco that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
Meeting Point and time: Flexible Point and Time upon your request.