Full-day tour in Quito12 September 2020
Ancestral Lands Special Tour15 September 2020
Tour of Heights in Quito
Tour of heights in Quito is one of the most recommended options to live a unique experience at high altitudes with the best local guides.
Quito, as we have already described in our other tours, is located at a height of 2850 meters above sea level, that gave it some special characteristics, but with our tour of heights in Quito, we want you to explore even higher, discover and enjoy virgin nature.
The Massif of the Pichinchas:
It is not possible to speak about the western mountain range of the Andes without mentioning the set of hills and volcanoes among which is the Guagua Pichincha and the Ruco Pichincha. These last two volcanoes are almost 5000 meters above sea level. In our tour of heights in Quito we will use the cable car to reach 4000 meters.
What is seen and lived on the tour:
There is no doubt that the fact of going up in a cable car in itself a new experience for many, for approximately 18 minutes you can enjoy spectacular views of the city of Quito. Seeing the city from a totally different perspective; makes you appreciate many details that you don’t notice when walking in the streets.
In addition to the views of the city, throughout the tour you can see the nature that characterizes our equatorial zone.
Although we have another special tour to travel inside nature for 2 days, this tour is a unique experience.
The most active volcano in the Andes; the Pichincha; it gives a unique environment for contemplation.
Not in vain, our city is called the face of God, because the set that surrounds it makes it unique in the world.
Get ready for the best videos and photos:
To really enjoy the tour of heights in Quito, that it take about 7 hours; we recommend you bring everything you need to immortalize the best moments of the experience, photos, videos, and even those who want to draw some sketches.
The locals have the belief that in the heights everyone can touch the sky and be in contact with the infinite energy, so surely when you return down, you will feel that you have changed and that you are full of new positive energies.
Itinerary tour of heights in Quito:
The tour begins at the entrance of the cable car station, but in case there are problems in knowing how to get there, our team is always ready to help you, so we recommend always provide the phone number when making the reservation. In addition, our forum gives you the possibility to put all the doubts you have and, in addition, form groups of the participants in the tours.
- Ascent by cable car to Cruz Loma.
- Upon reaching Cruz Loma (3,947 masl)
- A break to get used to the heights
- We will advance to the Swing of the Sky, which is said to be an attraction only for the brave, but we will convince you to enjoy it
- Ascent to the cave of bear (La Cueva del Oso – 4700 masl)
- We calibrate our energies with the delicious box lunch (Included in the price)
- Explore the environment
- Free time for everyone to enjoy nature in their own way
- Descent to Cruz Loma
- Time to browse the local craft shops
- Descent back to the Carita de Dios (Quito)
Recommendations for full-day tour in Quito:
- Given the height of the city, the sun affects more strongly when walking for a long time; so we recommend you to bring sun protection that is in the form of cream, hat or sunglasses.
- We also ask you not to wear heels, although for your photos you can carry them in your backpack, but it will be difficult to walk with.
- We recommend combining this Tour with our main proposals to enjoy your trip to Ecuador.
If you have questions related to our tours in general or this Tour in particular, please contact us and we will answer you as soon as possible.
Also we recommend to register in our forum; to get quick answers from our team or other travellers, also to form groups to enjoy better the trip.
Check out our other tours in Ecuador that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
Cable Car of Quito
Vía Al Teleférico