Easiest Everest Panorama Trek – 3860m / 12664ft6 November 2020
Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 4130m / 13545ft11 November 2020
Tatio geysers & Machuca Village
With the visit to the Tatio Geysers and the town of Machuca you will live an experience that many want but few have the privilege of enjoying.
One of the gifts of mother earth in our nation are geysers, a spectacle of natural eruptions without any addition from humans, the best places to contemplate this phenomenon are the Tatio geysers & Machuca Village.
We can assure that these geysers are the largest in the southern hemisphere and the third in the world, so when the visitors contemplates and enjoys this particular place, they are enjoying a privilege and a unique gift of nature; its name means in the local dialect “The crying grandfather” in reference to the jets of water and steam that come out chronometrically.
This series of geysers is made up of about 80 fumaroles that launch water at about 80 degrees Celsius, but not at a high altitude (less than one meter), this gives the place more security to approach and enjoy the phenomenon.
The village of Machuca
Although it is a very small village, it has all the ingredients for visitors to get to know Chilean culture, its gastronomy and the ways of life in the driest area in the world.
With luck, we can visit the town’s church that is adorned with an altarpiece of colourful flowers and its inhabitants use it daily to ask the Virgin not to lack water.
Program of the visit to Tatio geysers & Machuca Village
- Pick up of participants at the hotel
- We travel in comfortable vehicles at a distance of 100 km and at an altitude of 4,250 meters above sea level.
- We enter the area where the geothermal field Tatio Geyser is located
- Visit several fumaroles that give off water and steam of volcanic origin with a cyclical period
- A walk through the geothermal field to admire the show at its best
- Typical breakfast of the local population (Included)
- A warm bath in the thermal pool of the geothermal field for anyone who wants to
- Visit to the town of Machuca located 45 km from San Pedro de Atacama
- A walk to enjoy the flora and fauna of the area (Vicuñas, Guayatas, Horned Taguas, Juarjual duck, etc.) and typical foods
- Return to San Pedro de Atacama
The tour is in groups, but it can be done in private, ask us about the costs.
Notes and Recommendations:
- This type of tourist activity (Tatio geysers & Machuca Village) is not carried out in a luxurious or comfortable environment, it is nature in its purest state, it involves walking on roads with dust, wind, cold and adverse conditions.
- It is recommended to wear clothes for the wind and cold, special shoes for mountaineering and water.
- You can meet online and coordinate with other travelers and our team through our forum or by contacting us directly via contact form or WhatsApp.
Check out our other tours in Chile that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
At the reception of the hotel where each tourist is staying.