PUBS CRAWL IN IPANEMA17 April 2020
FREE TOUR IN RIO DE JANEIRO AND LAPA19 April 2020
RIO DE JANEIRO TASTING TOUR
The Tasting Tour in Rio de Janeiro is essential to understand the way of life of the local population, a natural environment to see the real Brazil.
Why the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour?
It is well known throughout the world that the Caribbean area and the forests of the Amazon have a special climate and consequently there are products, such fruits, vegetables and animals, that can only be found in this area. For this reason, the kitchen of the countries that are in this part of the earth is unique, it is part of the tourist attraction.
With our proposal of the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour, we give to the visitor a unique experience of the local gastronomy, the street market with rural products is an excellent opportunity to learn about local foods. It is also a great opportunity to buy gifts and souvenirs such as coffee beans, cachaca or typical sweets.
Many will say that this can be done without having a guide, it is true, but there are many reasons why we recommend that you hire this tour.
Some reasons to hire Rio de Janeiro Tasting Tour:
- The best meals: Our guides know exactly which varieties best to try, imagine that they will give you a menu with 10 options with local names, you will not waste time googled each dish.
- Food safety: As is well known in almost everywhere, not all tourist food stalls is 100% safe, there are cases of allergies, poor camouflaged condition, incompatibility, misunderstandings that end with upsets that annoy the holidays.
For that, we carefully chosen all the food that we included on the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour, to give you the best gastronomic tour experience. We offer the same quality experience for vegetarians and vegans as well. Nour guides, who are passionate about the city and its gastronomy, know where exactly better to eat, which foods better to avoid depending on which season of the year is… etc.
- Costs: When you pay the cost of the tour, which by the way is very low, this includes a tasting menu, that is, you will not have to pay for the food, except of course if you want to expand the menu and include plate or special alcohol. But with the menu we have included in the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour, we assure you that it is more than enough for a lunch.
- Variety: In the menu that includes the tour, there is a very extensive variety of the best that traditional city cuisine has to offer.
- Time: Time is golden, does not recover, in the holidays we count the hours since we have limited availability of time, so the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour serves to find the best places to eat without wasting half a day looking and avoiding mistakes.
- Group: Eating and drinking as a group is always more fun, so the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour is an opportunity to make new friends and follow the day with a better atmosphere, and of course, continue into the night with our proposals of visits to the best pubs.
With all the reasons we have cited, it is difficult not to hire the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour.
What sites include the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour:
The Gloria Hill:
The tour takes place in the area called Gloria, but before the meal, we visited some of the most emblematic attractions of this part of Rio de Janeiro, with a guided tour to Outeiro da Glória, a hill and very important area in the history of the foundation of the city, where you will find a colonial church. From the hill, we contemplate a breath-taking view of Guanabara Bay, our guides will tell you the most interesting about the neighbourhood of Gloria.
The Gloria Street Market and street food:
The market is the main point of the Rio de Janeiro tasting tour, but not only for the food but to see what the local people are like in their best environment, where you feel like one of the inhabitants of the city, between the music and the sellers screaming, the famous spirits and laughter of the sellers and buyers, in short, a unique atmosphere, the population of Brazil is considered worldwide as one of the happiest in the world. After a tour at the market, we will sit at the point that we will have booked and at the end of lunch (Tasting), each can stay in the market to enjoy a traditional Feijoada and Roda de Samba.
For the enjoyment of your stay, we recommend you always consult with our guides the best ways to get around the city and the places that best visit or avoid.
What is Feijoada??
Feijoada is a traditional dish and very common among Brazilians, although it is found in Portuguese cuisine, it is widespread in African countries such as Angola and Mozambique, this gives it African origins, although it is somewhat changed according to each area. Its main ingredients are beans and pork. We recommend accompanying it with rice and oranges as the local population usually do. It is essential to try the typical dishes of the country to understand the way of life of its people.
What is Samba’s Roda?
It is a music of Afro-Brazilian origin, it is the most traditional line of Samba music, its dance is very closely associated with capoeira. We recommend staying in the market to enjoy the live show and participate in the dance, it is a unique experience.
With our Rio de Janeiro tasting tour, each participant lives a unique, fun and safe experience.
If you have any questions or concerns about this tour, we will be happy to answer them, contact us.
As always, we actively recommend registering in our forum, to record your participation in the tasting tour in Rio de Janeiro so that in this way travellers who will participate in the tour will already know before arriving in Brazil, a way to make new friends.
Check out our other tours in Brazil that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
Gloria subway station exit (Catete way)