The Moon Valley Conquer – Essential29 October 2020
Pack Everest Base Camp Trek – 5545m / 18192ft4 November 2020
Rainbow Valley Tour & Petroglyphs
The Rainbow Valley Tour and Petroglyphs in Yerbas Buenas reserve is an easy option to enjoy the heights at 3000m, simply a fantastic tour.
In the Domeyko mountain range, there are many places that for lovers and fans of heights find fascinating, to discover the wonderful panoramas that are there, we have designed a tour that is considered easy and suitable for most visitors, the Rainbow Valley Tour and culminate visiting the Petroglyphs in Yerbas Buenas reserve.
The Domeyko mountain range
With an area of more than 600km², sharing the border with Argentina, it is the driest area in the world. At 3000 meters above sea level, its sky is practically sunny all year round, not in vain do we recommend that all participants bring sunscreen.
The Valley of the Rainbow
They call it The Valley of the Rainbow for the splendid set of colors that are reflected in its landscape, from red to white mixing with lead, green, brown, purple, beige, orange, yellow and a myriad of compositions, clay and salts plus the blue color of the sky makes the set resemble Renaissance paintings, it is an ideal place for those who love photography with great contrasts.
The Petroglyphs in Yerbas Buenas
With zoomorphic and anthropomorphic representations of more than 3000 years, it is like a book embodied in the stones, there are several theories of their usefulness, perhaps the most accepted is that they have been used to mark paths. We let you come up with better theories with your imagination.
In the cave complex, llamas, foxes, humans, flamingos and others outlined in the rock stand out, murals in the dry nature of the place that are kept intact due to the total absence of humidity.
Rainbow Valley Tour and Petroglyphs Program
- Departure from the meeting point (Office)
- We drive to the entrance of the protected area (In Minivan)
- Hike through the Rainbow Valley
- We will go up to the Yerbas Buenas Reserve (petroglyphs)
- Return to San Pedro de Atacama
The tour is in groups, but it can be done in private, ask us about the costs.
Notes and Recommendations:
- This type of tourist activity (Conquer the Valley of the Moon) is not carried out in a luxurious or comfortable environment, it is nature in its purest state, it involves walking on roads with dust, wind, cold and adverse conditions.
- It is recommended to wear clothes for the wind and cold, special shoes for mountaineering and water.
- You can meet online and coordinate with other travelers and our team through our forum or by contacting us directly via contact form or WhatsApp.
Check out our other tours in Chile that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
Find us in our office at the address:
Caracoles 400 Local 1, San Pedro de Atacama