Warsaw Old Town Free Walking Tour20 January 2021
Suzhou Creek Legends Tour – Amazing21 January 2021
Full-day Volubilis & Meknes Tour
The Full-day Volubilis & Meknes Tour is the best tour to discover and enjoy the remain of the Romain empire and 2 beautiful cities near to Fes.
When you land in morocco, one of the first cities that you will heard about it is Meknes, why Meknes, because Fez and Meknes are located very close to each other is only about 65 kilometres and for this reason we propose to all visitors our Full-day Volubilis & Meknes Tour to discover and explore one of the most famous for its historical sites.
If you are fan of roman ruin Volubilis can be your best place to visit in this side of Morocco, Volubilis of Meknes is considered as one of the most significant places of archaeological interest in morocco.
Volubilis city: is part of UNESCO’s protected sites, it is a place where you can see a beautiful column and well-preserved mosaics.
Moulay Idriss: the city of Moulay Idriss is considered as the holiest place in morocco by Muslims, they say that six pilgrimages to Moulay Idriss are the equivalent of one trip to mecca, the city is very famous by the tomb of Moulay Idriss.
Visit Meknes Volubilis and Moulay Idriss on a private day trip from Fes will takes you on a journey rich of culture, history, traditions and much more.
What we will see during the Full-day Volubilis & Meknes Tour?
- Pick up you from your hotel between 9 and 10am, our guide will coordinate days before with travellers.
- Explore the ancient imperial city of Meknes
- Monumental gates such as Bab Mansour
- Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail
- The impressive ramparts, a magnificent view of the medina
- Royal palace
- The hills with green fields and nice views of valleys
- The famous square called Lhedim; is the main square and the heart of Meknes, smaller and less chaotic version of Jemma el Fna square in Marrakech.
- Prison of Habs Qara (For political prisoners)
- We move to explore the ancient Romain ruins Volubilis where you will have time to discover the 2000-year-old ruins and taking an idea of life in Morocco during the roman empire
- Before we return to Fes, we go to see the holly city Moulay Idriss
- On our way back to Fes we will drive to a Borj Sud viewpoint over of the medina (Optional)
- Dropping off in hotel
If you have questions related to our tours in general or this adventure in particular, contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.
Also we recommend to register in our forum; to get quick answers from our team or other travellers, also to form groups to enjoy better the trip.
Check out our other tours in Morocco that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
Reception of your hotel.