Free Tours in Quito9 September 2020
Tour of Heights in Quito13 September 2020
Full-day tour in Quito
Full-day tour in Quito is so that the traveler has the opportunity to know in depth all the details that surround the life of the Locals.
Without a doubt, the city of Quito keeps countless stories, secrets, customs, gastronomy, politics and much more, with the full-day tour in Quito; the traveler has the opportunity to know in depth all the details that surround the life of Quito population or Ecuadorians in general.
A little information in advance:
Throughout the history of our city in particular and the entire country in general, there were changes with the arrival of each era, each invasion or each conquest or each natural desaster.
Those changes gave results that are reflected in the mixture of origins of the local population, indigenous, European and mestizo that will appear after the conquest of the Spanish.
In Quito, the mestizos are often called the Chargas, who in times after the arrival of the Spaniards, took care of livestock and work related to crops.
When the travelers are enjoying our full day tour in Quito, they has the feeling like if they are traveling in time.
Aspects that mark the tour:
- We have mentioned the aspect of the population, which with its diversity offers details of how the country changed with the passage of time.
- The buildings and streets of the city also reflect how each race or ethnic group lets its mark on the architectural style; buildings of great beauty in the style of European cities, buildings with reliefs and indigenous decoration that reminds us of the deep origin of the true Quito people.
- Gastronomy carries a large part of the credit in relation to the enjoyment of visitors to our city, so dare to try the richest bites of local cuisine.
In addition to these aspects, our local guides will talk about many other aspects. In short, for a few hours you will become a Quito inhabitant and you will savor life from another perspective.
Itinerary of the full-day tour in Quito:
Our meeting point in general is fixed, but if there is a big group in the reservation, we can go to the hotel directly to make it easier for everyone.
- Gabriel García Moreno Park
- Church of the Basilica of the National Vow
- Big square
- Archbishop’s Palace
- To the taste of each one, pause to taste delicious Quito sweets
- Metropolitan Cathedral of Quito
- Inside and we go up to its domes to have another perspective of our beautiful colonial center
- Lunch break
- The favorite church of Quito, which has more than 50 kilos of gold.
- The oldest and most famous streets of the old town
- The church of San Francisco where we can see masterpieces of the Quito Art School
- Tasting of the best chocolate in the country, since Ecuador is known as the Land of Chocolate.
Recommendations for full-day tour in Quito:
- Given the height of the city, the sun affects more strongly when walking for a long time; so we recommend you to bring sun protection that is in the form of cream, hat or sunglasses.
- We also ask you not to wear heels, although for your photos you can carry them in your backpack, but it will be difficult to walk with.
- We recommend combining this Tour with our main proposals to enjoy your trip to Ecuador.
If you have questions related to our tours in general or this Tour in particular, please contact us and we will answer you as soon as possible.
Also we recommend to register in our forum to get quick answers from our team or other travellers, also to form groups to enjoy better the trip.
Check out our other tours in Ecuador that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
Las Conceptas Square, García Moreno y Mejía esq.
Close to Plaza Grande