Chiang Mai Free Tour – Essential16 October 2020
Unknown Chiang-Mai Tour – Non touristy18 October 2020
Chiang-Mai Elephants sanctuary tour
Our Chiang Mai Elephants Sanctuary Tour is a lot of fun and an effort to protect and restore the Asian elephants population.
Who has not seen the beautiful scenes of elephants and has dreamed of approaching them at least once in life and that is in natural and open space; not in zoo cages or artificial shelters; To make these dreams come true, we have designed the Chiang-Mai Elephants sanctuary tour.
Elephants are very important for us:
In our activity, we have fought together with NGOs and the state to avoid the horrible scenes that appear on the internet of elephants tortured to please tourists on a tour or show.
The elephants sanctuary is not an attraction; it is more as its name implies: a sanctuary; a place where elephants live free and have contact with humans naturally; without chains or ties.
The elephants in the sanctuary are not obliged to perform any task to amuse the visitors, if they approach the visitor it is by sheer instinct.
Many of the elephants in the sanctuary are saved from areas and fields where they were mistreated to amuse tourists and in this sanctuary they recover their dignity and a normal life.
On the Chiang-Mai Elephants sanctuary tour you do NOT ride the elephants.
All visitors can interact with the majestic creatures, take pictures or record videos but the elephants is never forced to do so, all natural.
But do not worry, it should be known that they are very social animals and they love contact with humans.
The concept of Chiang-Mai Elephants sanctuary tour:
The tour is itself an action and activity that is intended to help in the conservation and recovery of the species.
Our guided Chiang-Mai Elephants sanctuary tour and the activities involved are endorsed by the Thai government; Each member of our team is with special authorization and it should be noted that we are the only licensed tourist agency to carry out this activity together with NGOs and the state.
The tour starts early; To take advantage of the elephants’ breakfast time, it is a way to facilitate interaction with them, but everything must be done well.
- When we arrive to the elephants sanctuary; after a 45 minute drive; the keepers will explain what life is like for the animals in this special recovery center, they will give us advice on how to interact with them.
- It is mandatory to wear the caregiver clothes too, so we can forget about the nice clothes.
- We will prepare breakfast for the elephants
- The keepers will tell us the names and information of each elephants
- We will feed these majestic creatures and take the time to interact with them, take photos and videos.
- One of the most beautiful moments of the tour is the walk with the elephants to the river and observe them drinking and some may come out showered as they are very playful.
- Traditional snack (Pad Thai, Chinese rolls and / or fruit).
- Thailand is the pioneer country in the cultivation of orchids, so we will make a stop in an orchid garden where we can observe its different types as well as learn about its cultivation.
We recommend combining this Tour with our main proposals to enjoy your trip to Thailand.
If you have questions related to our tours in general or Chiang-Mai Elephants sanctuary tour in particular, please contact us and we will answer you as soon as possible.
Also we recommend to register in our forum; to get quick answers from our team or other travellers, also to form groups to enjoy better the trip.
Check out our other tours in Thailand that we recommend you to combine during your trip:
The reception of the hotel where they are staying.